Our corporate and M&A team is generally recognised as one of the leading practices in Belgium. We provide our clients with a wide range of assistance, including in relation to M&A, capital markets transactions, general corporate law advice, restructurings and corporate litigation in both domestic and cross-border contexts.
We can offer expert guidance on all corporate law issues that an organisation may encounter during its lifetime, both contentious and non-contentious.
Your contacts in Corporate and M&A
In their everyday work, the team members naturally draw on the expertise of specialists in our other practice areas, including tax, employment and pensions, competition, real estate, environment, Intellectual property, insurance and commercial law.
We frequently work side by side with leading law firms from other jurisdictions across the globe, and we have a proven track record in delivering a seamless work product in a timely and cost-effective manner. Our approach focuses on providing value-creating solutions for our clients' business needs, taking into account the latest developments in both legislation and applicable market practice. We deliver services to international quality standards while maintaining price levels in line with the domestic market.
Some of our references:
- Assisting the Damier Group with the acquisition of Cooper Consumer Healthcare in partnership with CVC (2021).
- Assisting Belden with the acquisition of OTN Systems (2021).
- Assisting Ekopak’s direct listing on Euronext Brussels and EUR 50 million private placement (2021).
- Assisting 3D and House of Thor in connection with the voluntary and conditional public takeover bid for the shares of Zenitel (2020–2021).
- Assisting BNP Paribas Fortis Private Equity Belgium in connection with its minority stake investment in Stellar (Het Poetsbureau) (2020–2021).
- Assisting OM Partners with the sale of 20.01% of the shares to Ackermans & Van Haaren (2020).
- Assisting the Fixatti group with the sale of all shares to Bostik-Arkema (2020).
- Assisting SFPI-FPIM and Sabena Aerospace with the acquisition of SABCA from Dassault Group (and subsequent public squeeze-out) (2020).
- Assisting Aedifica with its EUR 459 million rights issue (2020).
- Assisting Warehouses De Pauw with its EUR 200 million ABB (2020).
- Assisting several social security institutions from different EU member states (including RIZIV in Belgium) on the establishment and governance of an international not-for-profit vehicle, for the development of a joint “horizon scanning” system (2020).
- Assisting Hyloris Pharmaceuticals’ EUR 62 million IPO (2020).
- Assisting a hospital in a takeover of a not-for-profit organization (2020).
- Assisting Calliditas Therapeutics in connection with the acquisition of 62.7% of Genkyotex, followed by a mandatory public takeover bid (2020).
- Assisting Magnax with its EUR 16 million series A financing (2020).
- Assisting KeBek III with the acquisition of a majority stake (together with Algimo) in HSG (2020).
- Assisting Aedifica with various acquisitions (including the acquisition of 100% of stamWall SRL, owner of a care home with an aggregate value of EUR 22 million, and the acquisition of a care home in Schelle for an aggregate value of EUR 14 million (2020).
- Assisting Investindustrial Group Holdings with the acquisition of CSM Bakery Solutions Europe Holding B.V. and CSM Bakery Solutions GmbH (2020).
- Assisting Crédit Mutuel Innovation and Debiopharm Innovation Fund in connection with the investment in Oncomfort (2020).
- Assisting Care Property Invest with various acquisitions (including the EUR 26.5 million acquisition of a residential care centre with assisted-living apartments to be built in Lier and the EUR 86.9 million acquisition of Zorginfra, holding 100% in the SPVs holding the real estate of three residential care centres) (2020).
- Assisting ICEBEAR in connection with the acquisition of the Eutraco Group (2020).
- Assisting shareholders of Mediùs NV in connection with the acquisition of 100% of Mediùs NV by Van Breda Risk & Benefits (2020).
- Assisting Gilead in its ten-year worldwide USD 3.95 billion R&D collaboration with Galapagos and its USD 1.1 billion investment in Galapagos shares (2019).
- Assisting the shareholders and CEO of the Ad Ultima Group in connection with the participation of Waterland in the capital of Ad Ultima (2019).
- Assisting Ablynx as lead legal counsel with respect to the public tender offer by Sanofi (2018).
- Assisting Elia in the acquisition of an additional stake in 50Hertz (2018).
- Assisting the shareholders of the Asco Group in the sale to Spirit AeroSystems Holdings (2018).